The Minnesota Author Project is an annual contest that encourages strong relationships between indie authors, local libraries, and readers by identifying and promoting the best indie Adult and Young Adult Fiction ebooks Minnesota has to offer.
The 2020 contest will be accepting submissions from April 1 through May 31, 2020.
Winners will be announced at the Minnesota Library Association Annual Conference.
Prizes and Eligibility
The winners of this contest will receive:
- $1000 each in Adult and Young Adult categories. Prizes sponsored by the Minnesota Library Foundation and BiblioLabs.
- Honors at a 2021 spring Indie Author Project reception.
- Opportunities to promote your book(s) at Minnesota public libraries
- Inclusion in a full-page print spread in Library Journal
- If available, print copies of your book will be purchased and made available for checkout through Minnesota’s public libraries.
- Inclusion and promotion in Indie Minnesota, a digital collection of local authors available on BiblioBoard Library.
- Multiple submissions are welcome.
- Opportunities to earn royalties through the IAP Select collection.
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In an adult fiction or young adult fiction genre
- Written by a Minnesota resident
- Available in either ePUB or PDF file
Congratulations to the winners of the second annual Minnesota Author Project, which recognizes the best indie-published authors in the state of Minnesota!
Matka by Sarah Hanley from Hennepin County Library
Young Adult Fiction
The Queen of Steel and Fire by Steve South from Great River Regional Library
Prizes are sponsored by the Minnesota Library Foundation and BiblioLabs and MN Writes MN Reads is a program of the Council of Regional Public Library Systems Administrators.
The following Minnesota Author Project winners & finalists will be at the Twin Cities Book Festival on Saturday, October 12 at the MN Writes MN Reads table. Schedule:
Diane Dettmann (finalist) 10:30-12:30: CANCELLED
- Bethany Atazadeh (2018 finalist) 10:30-12:30
- Steven South (2019 winner) 11:30-1:30
- Sarah Hanley (2019 winner) 12:30-2:30
- Jenna Zark (2019 finalist) 1:30-3:30
Winners announced in Minnesota Author Project awards— Star Tribune, 9/20/19
Congratulations to the finalists of the second annual Minnesota Author Project, which recognizes the best indie-published authors in the state of Minnesota!
- Matka by Sarah Hanley from Hennepin County Library
- Nightfall by Brian Lutterman from Ramsey County Library
- Deep Grass Roots by Marcia Neely from Great River Regional Library
Young Adult Fiction
Winners will be announced at the Minnesota Library Association Annual Conference on September 19, 2019 at Mystic Lake Center.