In 2019, BiblioBoard announced the winner of the first annual Indie Author of the Year award.
The award aims to identify the next great indie author out of the stellar group of authors who have had their titles chosen by librarian judging committees as the best indie-published eBooks in their regions through the preceding year’s Indie Author Project regional contests.
The Indie Author of the Year allows Minnesota Author Project winners to compete with winners from 17 different states and provinces.
- 2021: Amy Rivers of the Colorado Author Project
- Selected from the 2020 regional contest winners.
- 2020: Jacquie Castle of the North Carolina Author Project
- Selected from the 2019 regional contest winners.
- 2019: Ran Walker of the Virginia Author Project,
- Selected from the 2018 regional contest winners.
These books—and many others—can be found in the Indie Author Project Select collections on BiblioBoard Library.