- Indie Minnesota: A statewide collection of e-books promoting independently-published local authors.
Submitting Your E-Book
Submissions must be in EPUB or PDF file format. After you upload your book to Indie Minnesota, it is reviewed to ensure that it is technically sound and does not infringe on copyrights. This initial review takes a few days.Your e-book will then appear in Indie Minnesota, a statewide collection promoting independently-published local authors.
Adult or young adult fiction titles are also automatically submitted to a review process by curation partners for potential inclusion in the Indie Author Project Select collection. You may opt out of this collection. You will be notified if your e-book has been chosen as an Indie Author Project Selection within 4-6 weeks.
You may also enter your e-book to our annual contests:
- Minnesota Author Project: An annual contest for the best independently-published work of adult fiction or young adult fiction, written by a Minnesota resident. Submissions are due by May 31 each year.
- Minnesota Author Project: Communities Create: An annual contest that celebrates Minnesota organizations and community groups that are producing written creative works. Submissions are due by May 31 each year.
Why Share with MN Writes MN Reads?
- It’s free to anyone in Minnesota.
- Your e-book gains a wider audience.
- You can share your e-book on the MN Writes MN Reads platform while also sharing it independently. IAP is non-exclusive and built to be complementary to any current indie author marketing and sales programs.
- Books that are chosen by IAP curators can opt into a royalty-paying program, where your eBook is sold in curated collections via library eBook platforms.
- Indie Author Project for Authors
- Indie Author Project for Authors (pdf)
- Indie Author Project eligibility (pdf)
- Indie Author Project Select rubric (pdf)